LAMU Restore from Backup
1. Identify the location of your LAMU backup files, if it is on an external drive, connect it to your computer.
2. Connect your new LAMU device to the computer. Windows will assign a drive letter to the device. Note the drive letter.
3. Download the utility program from the link below. This is a zip file.
4. Save the zip file to the root of the new LAMU drive. If your browser does not let you choose where to save the download, you can copy the zip file to LAMU drive after it was downloaded to your browser's default Download folder: click the dropdown arrow, then choose Show in folder. You can then copy the zip file to the LAMU drive.
5. Un-compress LamuRestore.zip. (In File Explorer, right click on the zip file and choose Extract All) This will create a folder named "LamuRestore" under the root of the target LAMU drive. The folder has the following files:
6. Double click on the LamuRestore.exe application file to start the utility program. Since these files are downloaded from the Internet, you will get a warning message from Windows like below: "Windows protected your PC Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk." Click "More Info". Then click Run Anyway.
7. In the LAMU Restore Transfer program window, select the Backup path to restore from. The backup path should be the folder named LAMU with 4 sub-folders (app, data, updater, www). e.g., with folder structure in the picture below, select C:\LAMUBackups\20201218\LAMU
8. Click the Start button will begin the restore.
9. Once the restore completes, you should be able to run LAMU on the new device and have all the exact same data as the original backup.